Turner, the leading US broadcasting giant, approached Brave to rework and re-imagine their CNN Newsource website. To ensure that CNN Newsource (a multi-platform, far reaching news gathering service) had an updated digital presence and was ‘mobile first’, a full redesign was required, with emphasis on arresting visuals, and easy access to varied information.
Challenges & Solutions
The first challenge was one of geography and time-zones. All communication between Brave’s Johannesburg office and our US-based client had to be carefully managed to ensure nothing was lost in translation. Careful planning and comprehensive email streams resulted in minimal conference calls, and the site build took two months, running concurrently with a number of other projects.
The extensive content was reorganised and shortened where needed to improve user-flow, and the contact forms were integrated for better lead generation.
The final design is simple, but striking, resulting in a simplified and elegant ‘mobile first’ site, that’s easy to navigate, with all important information easily accessible.
How can we innovate with you?
- Customised product grid with filtering
- Responsive on all devices
- Menu with smooth scrolling to content areas
- Integrated contact form and CRM capability
- Video carousel scrollers
- RSS feed integration from turner.com
- AWS hosting setup
- Full backend ‘drag-and-drop’ content editor with customised shortcodes and UI components, allowing client ease of use and uniform site-building functionality