In running and maintaining our website we may with your expression of consent, collect and process the following data about you:
- Name, email address, the content of the comment or message: this data is collected when you leave a comment and displayed on the Website and when you submit information through a contact form (this information is not displayed on the Website)
- If you leave a comment on the Website, your name and email address will also be saved in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will be saved on your computer until you delete them.
- IP and browser user agent string: this data is collected when you leave a comment.
- Retention period: the aforementioned data is retained indefinitely so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue
- Personal Information of Children – Brave Digital does not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send them requests for personal information. Although visitors of all ages may navigate through our website, we do not intentionally collect personal information from those under the age of 16. If by following a notification by a parent or guardian, or discovery by other means, a child under 16 has been improperly registered on our site by using false information, we will cancel the child’s account and delete the child’s personal information from our records.
The website uses a minimal build of Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States and allows us to notice trends to improve the user experience on our website. This minimal build processes personal data such as the unique User ID set by Google Analytics, the date and time, the title of the page being viewed, the URL of the page being viewed, the URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page, the screen resolution, the time in local time-zone, the files that were clicked on and downloaded, the links clicked on to an outside domain, the type of device, and the country, region, and city.
You may opt-out of this tracking at any time by activating the “Do Not Track” setting in your browser.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles/ Posts on the Website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, charts, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor had visited the other website.
If you have left comments on the Website, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we rectify or erase any personal data we hold about you. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is removed upon your withdrawal of consent or your request to terminate these services.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.